This seasoning mix is right on. It tastes like purchased mixes, but is cheaper and has nearly half the sodium. Your heart and wallet will surely thank you! Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Combine the first nine ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Yield: 4 batches (about 1 cup total).
- To prepare tacos: In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add 1/4 cup taco seasoning mix and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Fill each tortilla with 1/2 cup beef mixture. Yield: 4 servings per batch.
Originally published as Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix in Healthy Cooking April/May 2010, p46
Reviews for Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review