- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar. Beat in flour and butter just until blended.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Draw two 7-in. circles on paper. Drop 3 tablespoons of batter in the center of each circle; spread batter to edges. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Place cookies, bottom side up, on a paper towel-lined work surface. To shape cone, begin with one edge and roll cookie a third of the way toward the center; roll a third of the opposite side over the rolled portion. Shape top of cone. Place seam side down on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Return second cookie to oven for 1-2 minutes if necessary before rolling. Repeat with remaining batter to make four more cones. Yield: 6 cones.
Originally published as Homemade Sugar Cones in Taste of Home June/July 2005, p68
Reviews for Homemade Sugar Cones
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review