Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe
What could be better than a tubful of luscious, homemade ice cream made with fresh strawberries? Having an ice cream social at church with more of the same!
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups crushed fresh strawberries, sweetened
- 1. Place egg yolks and milk in the top of a double boiler; beat. Add sugar and salt. Cook over simmering water, stirring until mixture is thickened and coats a metal spoon. Cool.
- 2. Add the vanilla, cream and strawberries. Pour into the cylinder of an ice cream freezer and freeze according to manufacturer's directions. When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: about 1-1/2 quarts.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 265 calories, 19 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 166 mg cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC