What could be better than a tubful of luscious, homemade ice cream made with fresh strawberries? Having an ice cream social at church with more of the same!
Recommended: 30 Easier-Than-Pie Summer Fruit Desserts
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups crushed fresh strawberries, sweetened
- Place egg yolks and milk in the top of a double boiler; beat. Add sugar and salt. Cook over simmering water, stirring until mixture is thickened and coats a metal spoon. Cool.
- Add the vanilla, cream and strawberries. Pour into the cylinder of an ice cream freezer and freeze according to manufacturer's directions. When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: about 1-1/2 quarts.
Originally published as Strawberry Ice Cream in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p64
Reviews for Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review