Homemade Steak Sauce Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ruby red grapefruit juice
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons coarsely crushed pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a nonstick saucepan over medium heat, cook onion in oil until tender. Add honey; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in broth, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, grapefruit juice, tomato paste and vinegars until blended. Stir in the raisins, garlic powder, pepper, thyme and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for about 20 minutes or until sauce is reduced to about 1-1/4 cups. Cool to room temperature. Transfer to a blender; cover and process until smooth. Cover and refrigerate. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
1 tablespoon: 27 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 222mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Homemade Steak Sauce
"I have been all over trying to find this recipe it was on allrecipes sight. thank you for posting this I love to use this from marinating tri tip to putting in my meat loaf an soups an stews. this is the best ever I ahave to be glutin free an they dont make a steak sauce gluten free with switching out gluten for gluten free, its awesome thank you agian for putting this up"