Instant rice an convenient canned goods simplify the stovetop preparation of this tangy side dish from Flo Burtnett of Gage, Oklahoma. Its traditional taste makes it a perfect accompaniment to the Mexican-style entree.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup tomato juice
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in oil until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spanish Rice in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p56
Reviews for Homemade Spanish Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review