Homemade Spaghetti and Meatballs Recipe
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2-2/3 cups water
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Pinch pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/3 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- 1. In a large Dutch oven or kettle, combine all sauce ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 hours. In a bowl, combine the eggs, onion, garlic salt and pepper; crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into small meatballs; brown in a skillet, a few at a time. Add meatballs to sauce and simmer for 1 hour. Serve over spaghetti. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 266 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 103 mg cholesterol, 807 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.