- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 3 cups whole unblanched almonds, toasted and cooled
- In a bowl, whisk egg white until foamy. Add garlic powder, celery salt, salt and liquid smoke; stir until blended. Add almonds and stir until well coated. Evenly spread almonds in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 300° for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 cups.
Reviews forHomemade Smoked Almonds
"It's really yummy. I think I would add a bit more salt next time."
"I've been making these since I first found the recipe in a Betty Rosbottom cookbook. They're the only reason I keep a bottle of liquid smoke in the pantry!"