Homemade Shrimp Fried Rice Recipe
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 4 cups cold cooked rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, 2 tablespoons sesame oil, ginger, garlic and pepper flakes. Transfer 3 tablespoons to a large resealable plastic bag; add shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Set aside remaining soy sauce mixture.
- 2. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry onion and pepper in 1 tablespoon canola oil and 1 teaspoon sesame oil for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove and set aside.
- 3. Drain shrimp and discard marinade. In the same skillet, stir-fry shrimp in remaining canola and sesame oil for 5-6 minutes or until they turn pink. Remove and set aside.
- 4. Add rice, reserved soy sauce mixture and salt to the pan; cook 4-6 minutes or until heated through, stirring to break up rice and coat evenly. Stir in green onions, cilantro, onion-pepper mixture and shrimp; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 475 calories, 18g fat (2g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 1208mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein
Reviews for Homemade Shrimp Fried Rice
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.