Homemade Shrimp Creole Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the onion, green pepper, celery and garlic in oil for 6 minutes. Stir in the tomato sauce, chili powder, sugar and cayenne. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add shrimp; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup (calculated without rice) equals 220 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 221 mg cholesterol, 791 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Reviews for Homemade Shrimp Creole
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.