- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, green pepper, celery and garlic in oil for 6 minutes. Stir in the tomato sauce, chili powder, sugar and cayenne. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add shrimp; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp Creole in Quick Cooking March/April 2005, p42
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Homemade Shrimp Creole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review