—Marcia Hostetter, Canton, New York
- 3 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 6 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup rice mix (above)
- Combine all ingredients in a storage container with a tight-fitting lid. Yield: about 3-1/2 cups.
- To prepare rice as a side dish: Combine 2 cups water and 1 tablespoon butter in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Stir in one rounded cup of rice mix. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Homemade Seasoned Rice Mix in Taste of Home December/January 1995, p19
Reviews for Homemade Seasoned Rice Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review