Homemade Salsa Recipe
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped and well drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon white wine or apple juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, onions, celery and green pepper. In a small bowl, whisk the wine or apple juice, vinegar, oil, mustard seed, salt, coriander and pepper; pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Serve with chips. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup: 52 calories, 3g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 216mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 0 fat.
Reviews for Homemade Salsa
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.