"My mother-in-law shared this recipe with me," comments Mary Blott from Mukwonago, Wisconsin. "Almost every time I ask, what I can bring to a party, I'm told to bring this crunchy colorful salsa." TIP: "For the best results, prepare and serve it on the same day." recommends Mary. "And you may want to make a double batch, because a single batch just won't do.
Recommended: Top 10 Canning Recipes
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped and well drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon white wine or apple juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, onions, celery and green pepper. In a small bowl, whisk the wine or apple juice, vinegar, oil, mustard seed, salt, coriander and pepper; pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Serve with chips. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Homemade Salsa in Quick Cooking July/August 2005, p14
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Homemade Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review