Homemade Sage Sausage Patties Recipe
- 1 pound ground pork
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1. In a bowl, combine all ingredients, mixing lightly, but thoroughly. Shape into eight 1/2-in.-thick patties. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet, cook patties over medium heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
1 patty: 162 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 323mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (trace sugars, trace fiber), 13g protein
Reviews for Homemade Sage Sausage Patties
"Lots of flavor. Couldn't find ground pork, so I substituted ground lamb."
"We really liked these! Nice flavor and none of the gristle & junk usually found in commercial sausage."