Homemade Sage Sausage Patties Recipe
- 1 pound ground pork
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1. In a bowl, combine all ingredients, mixing lightly, but thoroughly. Shape into eight 1/2-in.-thick patties. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet, cook patties over medium heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
1 patty: 162 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 323mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Homemade Sage Sausage Patties
"Lots of flavor. Couldn't find ground pork, so I substituted ground lamb."
"We really liked these! Nice flavor and none of the gristle & junk usually found in commercial sausage."