- 1 pound ground pork
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients, mixing lightly, but thoroughly. Shape into eight 1/2-in.-thick patties. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook patties over medium heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Homemade Sage Sausage Patties in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2002, p11
Reviews for Homemade Sage Sausage Patties
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2015
"Lots of flavor. Couldn't find ground pork, so I substituted ground lamb."
Reviewed Apr. 7, 2013
Reviewed Jan. 24, 2010
"We really liked these! Nice flavor and none of the gristle & junk usually found in commercial sausage."