Homemade Rhubarb Sticky Buns Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 2 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the contents of roll mix and yeast packets with 2 tablespoons sugar. Stir in the water, egg and 2 tablespoons butter to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface. Knead until smooth, about 5 minutes. Cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the rhubarb, brown sugar, corn syrup and remaining butter. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Pour into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 3. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 15-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over dough.
- 4. Roll-up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices. Place cut side down over rhubarb sauce. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 5. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto a serving platter. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 323 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 375mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Homemade Rhubarb Sticky Buns
"I am not familiar with this Hot roll mix. Could you be more specific, example, brand name?Can I buy this in Canada?"