Homemade Rhubarb Sticky Buns Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 2 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the contents of roll mix and yeast packets with 2 tablespoons sugar. Stir in the water, egg and 2 tablespoons butter to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface. Knead until smooth, about 5 minutes. Cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the rhubarb, brown sugar, corn syrup and remaining butter. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Pour into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 3. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 15-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over dough.
- 4. Roll-up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices. Place cut side down over rhubarb sauce. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 5. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto a serving platter. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 323 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 375mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Homemade Rhubarb Sticky Buns
"I am not familiar with this Hot roll mix. Could you be more specific, example, brand name?Can I buy this in Canada?"