Homemade Rhubarb Sticky Buns Recipe
"These simple cinnamon buns don't last long at my house," says field editor Kathy Kittell from Lenexa, Kansas. Warm and gooey, these morning starters have the added flavor of rhubarb.
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 2 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the contents of roll mix and yeast packets with 2 tablespoons sugar. Stir in the water, egg and 2 tablespoons butter to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface. Knead until smooth, about 5 minutes. Cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the rhubarb, brown sugar, corn syrup and remaining butter. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Pour into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 15-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over dough.
- Roll-up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices. Place cut side down over rhubarb sauce. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto a serving platter. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Rhubarb Sticky Buns in Taste of Home April/May 2007, p41
Reviews for Homemade Rhubarb Sticky Buns(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2008
I am not familiar with this Hot roll mix. Could you be more specific, example, brand name?Can I buy this in Canada?