- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place 6 cups flour in a large bowl. Make a well in the center. Beat
- the eggs, water and oil; pour into well. Stir together, forming a
- ball. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic,
- about 8-10 minutes, adding remaining flour if necessary to keep
- dough from sticking. Cover and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, combine the sauce ingredients. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring
- In a large bowl, combine the filling ingredients. Cover and
- refrigerate until ready to use.
- Divide pasta dough into fourths; roll one portion to 1/16-in.
- thickness. (Keep pasta covered until ready to use.) Working quickly,
- place rounded teaspoonfuls of filling 1 in. apart over half of pasta
- sheet. Brush around filling with water to moisten. Fold sheet over;
- press down to seal. Cut into squares with a pastry wheel. Repeat
- with remaining dough and filling.
- Bring a soup kettle of salted water to a boil. Add ravioli. Reduce
- heat to a gentle simmer; cook for 1-2 minutes or until ravioli float
- to the top and are tender. Drain. Spoon sauce over ravioli.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 10 ravioli with 3/4 cup sauce equals 901 calories, 25 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 307 mg cholesterol, 963 mg sodium, 124 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 45 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.