Homemade Ravioli Recipe
- 6 to 6-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups tomato puree
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place 6 cups flour in a large bowl. Make a well in the center. Beat the eggs, water and oil; pour into well. Stir together, forming a ball. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 8-10 minutes, adding remaining flour if necessary to keep dough from sticking. Cover and let rest for 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, combine the sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the filling ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 4. Divide pasta dough into fourths; roll one portion to 1/16-in. thickness. (Keep pasta covered until ready to use.) Working quickly, place rounded teaspoonfuls of filling 1 in. apart over half of pasta sheet. Brush around filling with water to moisten. Fold sheet over; press down to seal. Cut into squares with a pastry wheel. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- 5. Bring a soup kettle of salted water to a boil. Add ravioli. Reduce heat to a gentle simmer; cook for 1-2 minutes or until ravioli float to the top and are tender. Drain. Spoon sauce over ravioli. Yield: 6 servings.
10 ravioli with 3/4 cup sauce equals 901 calories, 25 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 307 mg cholesterol, 963 mg sodium, 124 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 45 g protein.
Reviews for Homemade Ravioli
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.