Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix Recipe
- 1/3 cup buttermilk blend powder
- 1/4 cup dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR SALAD DRESSING:
- 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 cup plus 6 tablespoons buttermilk
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR DIP:
- 2 cups (16 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1. Combine the first five ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Yield: 4 batches (about 3/4 cup).
- 2. For salad dressing: In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, buttermilk and 3 tablespoons mix. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: about 2 cups.
- 3. For dip: In a small bowl, combine sour cream and 3 tablespoons mix. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with assorted crackers and fresh vegetables. Yield: 16 servings per batch.
Ranch Salad Dressing: 2 tablespoons equals 62 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 219 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Ranch Dip: 2 tablespoons equals 42 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 73 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.