Homemade Ranch Dressing and Dip Mix Recipe
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR DRESSING (per batch):
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR DIP (per batch):
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- In a small bowl, mix the first seven ingredients. Transfer to a 4-ounce jar. Store in a cool dry place up to 1 year. Shake well before using. Yield: about 6 tablespoons mix.
- To prepare one batch salad dressing: In a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise, buttermilk and 1 tablespoon mix. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour to allow flavors to blend.
- To prepare one batch dip: In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream and 2 tablespoons mix; stir until blended. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 1 cup dressing or 2 cups dip per batch.
Reviews for Homemade Ranch Dressing and Dip Mix
Sort By :
"I had no ranch dressing in the house, so used this recipe. It didn't disappoint, great flavor and I had all the ingredients on hand."
"Trying this now! I make my buffalo chicken dip with chicken breasts that I cook in the crock pot with beer and usually a packet of the name-brand ranch dip mix. I love the idea of making my own mix to help control the sodium levels! So far the house smells great!!"
"Way to spice for dressing. Kept adding mayo (probably 2 cups) and buttermilk (about 1 cup) to make more consistent with typical ranch dressing."
"Yummm! So easy and delicious. My sister and I decided to do homeade gifts this year for Christmas, she will definetly be receiving this!"