Give this versatile mix in a decorative jar with instructions for making dip or dressing. Then tuck it into a gift basket along with a pretty serving bowl and snack crackers or chips.—Joan Hallford, North Richland Hills, TX
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR DRESSING (per batch):
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR DIP (per batch):
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- In a small bowl, mix the first seven ingredients. Transfer to a 4-ounce jar. Store in a cool dry place up to 1 year. Shake well before using. Yield: about 6 tablespoons mix.
- To prepare one batch salad dressing: In a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise, buttermilk and 1 tablespoon mix. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour to allow flavors to blend.
- To prepare one batch dip: In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream and 2 tablespoons mix; stir until blended. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 1 cup dressing or 2 cups dip per batch.
Originally published as Ranch Dressing and Dip Mix in Country Woman December/January 2010, p41
Reviews for Homemade Ranch Dressing and Dip Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review