Homemade Pumpkin Ice Cream
Folks who favor the flavor of pumpkin really need to try this spiced ice cream. But be prepared to make more! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Process: 20 min./batch + freezing
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; stir until the sugar is
- dissolved. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full;
- freeze according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. Transfer to a
- freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: about
- 1 quart.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 261 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato
, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now