"Whole milk and butter give this delicious pudding its rich creamy flavor," explains Gayle Becker of Mt. Clemens, Michigan. "For a fat-free version, leave out the butter and substitute water for the 2 cups milk in the pudding. Since the mix already includes nonfat dry milk, it will still be creamy and calcium-rich."
- DRY MIX:
- 4 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 2-2/3 cups sugar
- 1-1/3 cups cornstarch
- 1 to 1-1/3 cups baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- PUDDING (for each batch):
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For mix, sift together all ingredients. Store in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag.
- For pudding, combine 1 cup mix with milk in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Stir in butter and vanilla. Pour into individual serving dishes. Serve warm. Yield: 9 batches (4 servings per batch).
Originally published as Homemade Pudding Mix in Taste of Home April/May 1993, p66
Reviews for Homemade Pudding Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review