Homemade Potato Chips Recipe
Forget buying the bag of potato chips at the grocery store when you can make these at home. This quick and easy recipe will delight everyone in the family.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 7 unpeeled medium potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 2 quarts ice water
- 5 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1. Using a vegetable peeler or metal cheese slicer, cut potatoes into very thin slices. Place in a large bowl; add ice water and salt. Soak for 30 minutes.
- 2. Drain potatoes; place on paper towels and pat dry. In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, celery salt and pepper; set aside.
- 3. In an electric skillet, heat 1-1/2 in. of oil to 375°. Fry potatoes in batches for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently.
- 4. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Immediately sprinkle with seasoning mixture. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 8-1/2 cups.
3/4 cup equals 283 calories, 20 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1,283 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC