Homemade Potato Chips Recipe
- 7 unpeeled medium potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 2 quarts ice water
- 5 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1. Using a vegetable peeler or metal cheese slicer, cut potatoes into very thin slices. Place in a large bowl; add ice water and salt. Soak for 30 minutes.
- 2. Drain potatoes; place on paper towels and pat dry. In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, celery salt and pepper; set aside.
- 3. In an electric skillet, heat 1-1/2 in. of oil to 375°. Fry potatoes in batches for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently.
- 4. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Immediately sprinkle with seasoning mixture. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 8-1/2 cups.
3/4 cup: 283 calories, 20g fat (3g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 1283mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Homemade Potato Chips
"These were a big crunchy hit! I used my deep fryer and it worked great."
"electric wok worked great too"