Homemade Poppy Seed Dressing
It's served with all our fruit salad choices, including the popular Three Salad Plate that features Chicken Walnut Apple Salad, Spinach Salad and Fresh Fruit Salad. In addition to salads, other favorites we serve include sandwiches, soups, entrees and desserts, all served in four cheerful dining rooms and an outdoor courtyard.Andra Kunkle, Lenoir, North Carolina
22 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3/4 teaspoon poppy seeds
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, salt, onion powder and mustard.
- Beat in vinegar on low speed for 4 minutes. Gradually beat in oil;
- beat 5 minutes longer. Stir in poppy seeds. Yield: 2-3/4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 159 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 81 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.