- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In large bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in water; let stand for 5 minutes. Add oil and salt. Stir in flour, a cup at a time, until a soft dough forms.
- Turn onto floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 2-3 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. Meanwhile, cook beef and onion over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Punch down dough; divide in half. Press each into a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Combine the tomato sauce, oregano and basil; spread over each crust. Top with beef mixture, green pepper and cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Yield: 2 pizzas (3 servings each).
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Homemade Pizza
Sort By :
"I had never made pizza dough before until i tried this . My husband and daughter loved it!!! I invited friends over and made it for them and now they want me to make it all the time..they loved it too! This will definitely be a permanent recipe I stick with :-)"
"i thought the crust was good however my husband (gah!) liked the store-bought crust better. What is wrong with him??? I had leftover dough so I am trying it out with cinnamon rolls. They are rising now and then into the oven. Fingers crossed."
"Exactly what I've been looking for! Crust is just right - crispy on bottom and airy top like previous reviewers stated. Made 2 large pizzas on a 14" round stoneware and a 12x15" stoneware sheet pan. Made them in morning with my own toppings, covered with Saran Wrap and put in fridge until evening. Baked on bottom rack 400 deg for 20 mins. Came out perfect! Did have to substitute olive oil for canola."
"Every Friday is pizza and a movie at my house and this recipe will be a regular. I coated the dough with melted butter and sprinkled with garlic salt before adding the ingredients. The pizza sauce is GREAT. This is a keeper.........."
"I've never entertained the thought of making my own crust, but now I use this crust recipe all of the time. It's very simple and fool proof."