Homemade Pizza Sauce Recipe
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 to 2 teaspoons fennel seed, crushed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Rinse four 1-cup plastic containers and lids with boiling water. Dry thoroughly.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine tomato sauce and paste. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Cool.
- Fill all containers to within 1/2 in. of tops. Wipe off top edges of container. Freeze up to 12 months. Thaw frozen sauce in refrigerator before serving. Yield: about 4 cups.
Reviews for Homemade Pizza Sauce
Sort By :
This is a great sauce..I also added fresh basil from garden and a little sugar. I will make it again and freeze for winter.
Haven't tried it yet, but I definitely will. I throw carrots in any tomato sauces I make, then take them out before serving/storing...they absorb the acid!
Great recipe. Very similar to the one I normally make. http://goo.gl/O9r2EW. I find it a bit quicker. Thanks for sharing..
I used fresh homemade sauce and fresh garlic. The fennel is a great addition.
I enjoyed the flavor of the sauce, but it was a little too think for my tastes. Could have been because I let it sit on the stove for a little while after simmering before I added it on the pizza or maybe I put on too much sauce. I also substitued basil for the fennel because I didn't have any on hand. Next time, I might add a little bit of sugar as a previous comment suggested.