Homemade Pizza Crust Recipe
By varying a few of the ingredients required for the basic loaf, Lois can create a delicious thick pizza crust in a jiffy. You'll love its home-baked taste. -Lois Fleming, Monroeville, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + resting Bake: 20 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 2 cups Shortcut Bread Mix
- 1 teaspoon quick-rise yeast
- 2/3 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- Pizza sauce, sausage and cheese or toppings of your choice
- 1. In a bowl, combine 1 cup bread mix and yeast. Add water and butter; beat until smooth. stir in the remaining bread mix to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 4-6 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. On a floured surface, roll dough into a 14-in. circle. Sprinkle cornmeal on an ungreased 14-in. pizza pan; transfer dough to pan. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Top with pizza sauce, sausage and cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 1 pizza.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC