By varying a few of the ingredients required for the basic loaf, Lois can create a delicious thick pizza crust in a jiffy. You'll love its home-baked taste. -Lois Fleming, Monroeville, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 35 Essential Recipes You Should Know by 35
- 2 cups Shortcut Bread Mix
- 1 teaspoon quick-rise yeast
- 2/3 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- Pizza sauce, Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll and cheese toppings of your choice
- In a bowl, combine 1 cup bread mix and yeast. Add water and butter; beat until smooth. stir in the remaining bread mix to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 4-6 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. On a floured surface, roll dough into a 14-in. circle. Sprinkle cornmeal on an ungreased 14-in. pizza pan; transfer dough to pan. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Top with pizza sauce, sausage and cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 1 pizza.
Originally published as Homemade Pizza in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p22
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Homemade Pizza Crust
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 24, 2011
"I don't know what "shortcut bread mix" is either. Bisquick?"
Reviewed Feb. 4, 2011
"I don't know what is "shortcut bread mix""