Homemade Pinwheel Noodles
My family considers this recipe—from my husband's grandmother—a real treat. Homemade noodles simmer into delicious meat-filled puffs.—Deb Shafer, Dowling, Michigan
6 ServingsPrep:40 min. Cook: 1 hour
- 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/4 cup each finely chopped celery, onion and green pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups water
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- Place 2-1/4 cups of flour in a bowl. Make a well in the center; add
- the eggs. Gradually mix with a wooden spoon until well blended.
- Knead on a floured surface until smooth, about 10 minutes. If
- necessary, add remaining flour to kneading surface or hands.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 16-in. x 12-in.
- rectangle, dusting top of dough with flour to prevent sticking.
- Crumble beef over dough; lightly press into dough; lightly press
- into dough. Sprinkle with celery, onion, green pepper, garlic
- powder, seasoned salt and pepper. Roll up, jelly-roll style,
- starting with a short side. Using a sharp knife, cut into 2-in.
- In a large kettle or Dutch oven, bring water and broth to a rapid