Homemade Pinwheel Noodles Recipe
My family considers this recipe—from my husband's grandmother—a real treat. Homemade noodles simmer into delicious meat-filled puffs.—Deb Shafer, Dowling, Michigan
- 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup each finely chopped celery, onion and green pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups water
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1. Place 2-1/4 cups of flour in a bowl. Make a well in the center; add the eggs. Gradually mix with a wooden spoon until well blended. Knead on a floured surface until smooth, about 10 minutes. If necessary, add remaining flour to kneading surface or hands.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 16-in. x 12-in. rectangle, dusting top of dough with flour to prevent sticking. Crumble beef over dough; lightly press into dough; lightly press into dough. Sprinkle with celery, onion, green pepper, garlic powder, seasoned salt and pepper. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Using a sharp knife, cut into 2-in. slices.
- 3. In a large kettle or Dutch oven, bring water and broth to a rapid boil. Drop pinwheels into the boiling liquid. Return to a gentle boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until noodles are tender and meat is no longer pink. Serve with broth in soup bowls. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Homemade Pinwheel Noodles
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC