My family considers this recipe—from my husband's grandmother—a real treat. Homemade noodles simmer into delicious meat-filled puffs.—Deb Shafer, Dowling, Michigan
Recommended: Our Most-Shared Recipes Ever
- 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup each finely chopped celery, onion and green pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups water
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- Place 2-1/4 cups of flour in a bowl. Make a well in the center; add the eggs. Gradually mix with a wooden spoon until well blended. Knead on a floured surface until smooth, about 10 minutes. If necessary, add remaining flour to kneading surface or hands.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 16-in. x 12-in. rectangle, dusting top of dough with flour to prevent sticking. Crumble beef over dough; lightly press into dough; lightly press into dough. Sprinkle with celery, onion, green pepper, garlic powder, seasoned salt and pepper. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Using a sharp knife, cut into 2-in. slices.
- In a large kettle or Dutch oven, bring water and broth to a rapid boil. Drop pinwheels into the boiling liquid. Return to a gentle boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until noodles are tender and meat is no longer pink. Serve with broth in soup bowls. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Homemade Pinwheel Noodles in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p255
Reviews for Homemade Pinwheel Noodles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review