- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender;
- set aside.
- Drain potatoes. Over very low heat, stir potatoes for 1-2 minutes or
- until steam has evaporated. Press through a potato ricer or strainer
- into a large bowl. Stir in cream cheese, salt, pepper and onion
- mixture; set aside.
- Divide dough into four parts. On a lightly floured surface, roll one
- portion of dough to 1/8-in. thickness; cut with a floured 3-in.
- biscuit cutter. Place 2 teaspoons of filling in center of each
- circle. Moisten edges with water; fold in half and press edges to
- seal. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Bring a Dutch oven of water to a boil; add pierogies in batches.
- Reduce heat to a gentle simmer; cook for 1-2 minutes or until
- pierogies float to the top and are tender. Remove with a slotted
- spoon. In a large skillet, saute four pierogies and onion in butter
- until pierogies are lightly browned and heated through; sprinkle
- with parsley. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 4 pierogies equals 372 calories, 22 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 361 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.