Homemade Pickling Spice
I can every year and I love to use this pickling spice for my pickles. Everyone says they are the best they have ever had. —Olivia Miller, Memphis, Tennessee
128 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons mustard seed
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 1 cinnamon stick (2 inches)
- Combine all ingredients and store in an airtight jar or container.
- Use in favorite pickle recipes. Yield: 1/3 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/8 teaspoon) equals 1 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.