I can every year and I love to use this pickling spice for my pickles. Everyone says they are the best they have ever had. —Olivia Miller, Memphis, Tennessee
- 2 tablespoons mustard seed
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 1 cinnamon stick (2 inches)
- Combine all ingredients and store in an airtight jar or container. Use in favorite pickle recipes. Yield: 1/3 cup.
Originally published as Homemade Pickling Spice in Country Woman July/August 1992, p38
Reviews for Homemade Pickling Spice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2014
"this makes 128 servings, but I need 2T for my recipe. How would I know how much of each spice to take out of the jar?"
Reviewed Sep. 15, 2013
Reviewed Sep. 25, 2012
"Is it really just 2 whole cloves or should that be 2 teaspoons?"