I can every year and I love to use this pickling spice for my pickles. Everyone says they are the best they have ever had. —Olivia Miller, Memphis, Tennessee
- 2 tablespoons mustard seed
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 1 cinnamon stick (2 inches)
- Combine all ingredients and store in an airtight jar or container. Use in favorite pickle recipes. Yield: 1/3 cup.
Originally published as Homemade Pickling Spice in Country Woman July/August 1992, p38
Reviews for Homemade Pickling Spice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2014
"this makes 128 servings, but I need 2T for my recipe. How would I know how much of each spice to take out of the jar?"
Reviewed Sep. 15, 2013
Reviewed Sep. 25, 2012
"Is it really just 2 whole cloves or should that be 2 teaspoons?"