- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, divided
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each), coarsely chopped
- Colored sprinkles, optional
- Combine 1/2 cup peanut butter, confectioners' sugar, butter and salt until smooth.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips, candy bars and remaining peanut butter; stir until smooth.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of chocolate mixture into paper-lined miniature muffin cups. Drop a scant teaspoonful of peanut butter mixture into each cup; top with another teaspoonful of chocolate mixture. If desired, decorate with sprinkles. Refrigerate until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
"Peanut Butter Cup BarsOkay so i tried making the cups prior and it was a mess and looked a mess the paper cups collapsed, I couldn't get them to look perfect.So this time I decided to make peanut cup Bars for Easter gifts thy look perfect. So much easier to make and you lessen the risk of not using the chocolate in time for it going all dry and lumpy.I bought candy/sweet clear bags. I tripled the amount of mixture. I used a non stick reusable sheet and lined an oven tray it covered almost half the tray the layers. I used galaxy bars, no cheap chocolate chips. So much smoother a taste for the chocolate really adds to the taste from what i've been told and I added Himalayan pink salt to the mixture of peanut butter.Microwaves are bad for you so i didn't use one , i don't have one, it changes the cellular structure of food and is harmful to dna. i just used a stainless steel pot on the cooker, filled with water on 3 and a smaller one on there for the chocolate mix and the the peanut butter mix.I did first layer put in freezer for 20 mins then did the peanut layer, easier to spread it when bottom layer is hard, same in freezer 20 mins then last layer of chocolate back in the freezer for 20 mins. Then using a cleaver, I cut it into big bars looks perfect and great.I got 3 pounds 8 ounces worth of bars and 10 big bars out of it. Much much easier to make these than to try make perfect cups. Anyone i've made these for prior, absolutely lovesssssss the taste.So going to wrap in greaseproof paper, then in yellow tissue paper inside the bag, then put into the clear bags, tie on yellow ribbons and glue a chick and an egg on ribbon and hand out for Easter :)Would be great fora photo upload function."
"I made these with gluten-free ingredients for a friend... Yum!"
"Delicious!! I make a ball of the peanut butter filling and push it into the choc. that way I know there is choc. all around the peanut butter."
"Made these with my 6 and 8 year old girls for Halloween. Super easy and delicious and a nice large yield! This recipes a keeper!"
"I'm definitely going to try these with my boyfriend and his family! - how long do they normally have to be refrigerated for until they are set?"
"My 15 year old daughter has been searching for simple recipes to make and share with friends. These were easy and really tasty. Her friends loved them."
"Taste like the real thing!"
"These are so easy to make and they are delicious! I followed the recipe exactly. :)"