Homemade Peanut Butter Cups Recipe
Make a lasting impression on Valentine’s Day with this luscious candy featuring a dark chocolate shell and a gooey peanut butter center. Your sweetie will appreciate the colorful sprinkles on top, too.— LaVonne Hegland, St. Michael, Minnesota
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, divided
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each), coarsely chopped
- Colored sprinkles, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup peanut butter, butter, confectioners' sugar and salt until smooth; set aside.
- 2. In a microwave, melt the chocolate chips, candy bars and remaining peanut butter; stir until smooth.
- 3. Drop teaspoonfuls of chocolate mixture into paper-lined miniature muffin cups. Top each with a scant teaspoonful of peanut butter mixture; top with another teaspoonful of chocolate mixture. Decorate with sprinkles if desired. Refrigerate until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 piece equals 123 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 76 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC