- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, divided
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each), coarsely chopped
- Colored sprinkles, optional
- Combine 1/2 cup peanut butter, confectioners' sugar, butter and salt until smooth.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips, candy bars and remaining peanut butter; stir until smooth.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of chocolate mixture into paper-lined miniature muffin cups. Drop a scant teaspoonful of peanut butter mixture into each cup; top with another teaspoonful of chocolate mixture. If desired, decorate with sprinkles. Refrigerate until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
"I'm definitely going to try these with my boyfriend and his family! - how long do they normally have to be refrigerated for until they are set?"
"My 15 year old daughter has been searching for simple recipes to make and share with friends. These were easy and really tasty. Her friends loved them."
"Taste like the real thing!"
"These are so easy to make and they are delicious! I followed the recipe exactly. :)"
"My family and I followed this recipe and it was fantastic. We used pipping bags and zip lock bags to put the chocolate and peanut butter into the mini cupcake cups. This made it go very fast and easy. We will be making these again."