Homemade Pasta Recipe
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 3-1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Marinara sauce
- 1. Place spinach and parsley in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. Add 3-1/2 cups flour and salt; process until blended. Add the eggs, water and oil. Process for 15-20 seconds or until dough forms a ball.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead for 8-10 minutes or until smooth and elastic, adding remaining flour if necessary. Cover and let rest for 30 minutes. Divide into fourths.
- 3. On a floured surface, roll each portion to 1/16-in. thickness. Dust top of dough with flour to prevent sticking; cut into 1/4-in. slices. Separate the slices; allow noodles to dry on kitchen towels for at least 1 hour before cooking.
- 4. To cook, fill a Dutch oven three-fourths full with water. Bring to a boil. Add noodles in batches; cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Drain. Serve with sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup (calculated without sauce) equals 259 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 211 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Homemade Pasta
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.