“This thick, hearty sauce satisfies my pasta-loving husband much more than store-bought kind. For a change of pace, I add ground beef or Italian sausage. It's also good with black olives, mushrooms and green peppers.” —Jennifer Stephens, Pearland, Texas
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 10 fresh baby carrots, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked pasta
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and carrots in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add the tomatoes, broth, tomato paste and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 45-50 minutes or until carrots are tender, stirring occasionally. Serve with pasta. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Homemade Pasta Sauce in Country Woman June/July 2008, p38
Reviews for Homemade Pasta Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review