I like to serve this colorful salad over a bed of leafy green lettuce for a pretty look. With its rich dressing of sour cream and dill, it makes a great change-of-pace pasta for picnics. —Julie Wilson of Chetek, Wisconsin
- 2 cups uncooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked lean ham
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup cubed reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Leaf lettuce
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, for dressing, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, dill, garlic salt, mustard and pepper in a bowl; set aside. Rinse pasta in cold water and drain well; set aside.
- Cut the tips off six asparagus spears; chop the remaining asparagus. Place chopped asparagus and tips and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse with cold water; pat dry. Set aside asparagus tips for garnish.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, chopped asparagus, ham onion, red pepper and cheese. Add dressing and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl; garnish with asparagus tips. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Rainbow Pasta Salad in Light & Tasty April/May 2003, p39
Reviews for Homemade Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review