Go for it. Once you try homemade pasta, you're hooked. —Kathryn Conrad, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semolina flour
- In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. On a clean work surface, mix the all-purpose and semolina flours, forming a mound. Make a large well in the center. Pour egg mixture into the well. Using a fork or fingers, gradually mix flour mixture into egg mixture, forming a soft dough (the dough will be slightly sticky).
- Lightly dust work surface with flour; knead dough gently five times. Divide into six portions; cover with plastic wrap. Let rest 30 minutes.
- To make fettuccine, roll each ball into a 10x8-in. rectangle, dusting lightly with flour. Roll up jelly-roll style. Cut into 1/4-in.-wide strips. Cook in boiling water 1-3 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Homemade Pasta Dough in Taste of Home April/May 2014
Reviews for Homemade Pasta Dough
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review