Homemade Pasta Dough
Go for it. Once you try homemade pasta, you're hooked. —Kathryn Conrad, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + Standing
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semolina flour
- In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. On a clean work
- surface, mix the all-purpose and semolina flours, forming a mound.
- Make a large well in the center. Pour egg mixture into the well.
- Using a fork or fingers, gradually mix flour mixture into egg
- mixture, forming a soft dough (the dough will be slightly sticky).
- Lightly dust work surface with flour; knead dough gently five times.
- Divide into six portions; cover with plastic wrap. Let rest 30
- To make fettuccine, roll each ball into a 10x8-in. rectangle, dusting
- lightly with flour. Roll up jelly-roll style. Cut into 1/4-in.-wide
- strips. Cook in boiling water 1-3 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.