- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semolina flour
- In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. On a clean work surface, mix the all-purpose and semolina flours, forming a mound. Make a large well in the center. Pour egg mixture into the well. Using a fork or fingers, gradually mix flour mixture into egg mixture, forming a soft dough (the dough will be slightly sticky).
- Lightly dust work surface with flour; knead dough gently five times. Divide into six portions; cover with plastic wrap. Let rest 30 minutes.
- To make fettuccine, roll each ball into a 10x8-in. rectangle, dusting lightly with flour. Roll up jelly-roll style. Cut into 1/4-in.-wide strips. Cook in boiling water 1-3 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Homemade Pasta Dough
"Want to try this and have one question-Is semolina flour needed or can I just use regular flour?"
"I've made this twice already and absolutely love it! Simple and delicious."
"This is gr8 and no special equipment required!!"
"on the video it says to knead it for 10 minute.. in the directions above it states to knead just 3 times..i am making these right now so I will rate later. I made this and it turned out great without kneading like the video. I followed the recipe above . It was great and very fillling."