Homemade Noodles for Two Recipe
These delicious noodles keep very well in the refrigerator. And, there are few things that taste as good as homemade noodles like these eaten plain, with just a few toasted bread crumbs sprinkled on top! —Helen Heiland, Joliet, Illinois
- 2/3 to 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- 6 cups water
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1. In a small bowl, combine 2/3 cup flour and salt. Make a well in the center. Beat egg and cold water; pour into well. Stir together, forming a ball.
- 2. Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead for 8 minutes, adding remaining flour if necessary to keep dough from sticking to surface or hands. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- 3. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Dust top of dough with flour to prevent sticking while rolling. Trim the edges. Dust both sides of dough with flour. Roll up jelly-roll style; cut into 1/4-in. slices. Separate and unroll the noodles; let rest on a clean towel for 1 hour.
- 4. In a large saucepan, bring water to a rapid boil. Add oil and noodles; cook for 7-9 minutes or until tender. Drain and serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup cooked noodles equals 210 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 180 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Homemade Noodles for Two
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC