Homemade Noodles for Two Recipe
- 2/3 to 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- 6 cups water
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- In a small bowl, combine 2/3 cup flour and salt. Make a well in the center. Beat egg and cold water; pour into well. Stir together, forming a ball.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead for 8 minutes, adding remaining flour if necessary to keep dough from sticking to surface or hands. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Dust top of dough with flour to prevent sticking while rolling. Trim the edges. Dust both sides of dough with flour. Roll up jelly-roll style; cut into 1/4-in. slices. Separate and unroll the noodles; let rest on a clean towel for 1 hour.
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a rapid boil. Add oil and noodles; cook for 7-9 minutes or until tender. Drain and serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Homemade Noodles for Two
Sort By :
"You create a lot work for yourself rolling out the dough, dusting it, rolling it up then slicing it, then unrolling the ribbons. I roll out the dough as thin as needed, square it up by cutting the ragged edges (reserve the pieces for later), cut dough into quarters and stack the quarters. cut quarters to desired lenth and width. Use the noodles now, or allow to dry on counter. Store in an air tight container. If drying, toss the noodles occasionally to promote drying."
"I use my Grandmothers hand held noodle cutter after I roll out noodles like a pie crust."