Homemade Noodles for a Crowd Recipe
When our son Conrad married Erin on our dairy farm, family and friends helped me prepare food for 400. To go with grilled pork and chicken, we fixed an array of side dishes, including these wonderful noodles. At this Polish wedding, we wanted to be sure no one went home hungry.
- 6 to 7 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Melted butter and minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 6 cups flour and salt. Make a well in the center. Beat eggs and water; pour into well. Stir together, forming a dough. Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead 8-10 times.
- 2. Divide dough into eight portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 1/16-in.-thick square. Let stand, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 3. Roll up, jelly-roll style. Using a sharp knife, cut into 1/4-in. slices. Unroll noodles and dry in a single layer on paper towels for 1 hour before cooking.
- 4. To cook, bring salted water to a rapid boil. Add noodles and oil to boiling water; cook for 2 minutes or until tender but not soft. Drain; toss with butter and parsley if desired. Yield: 24 servings.
1/2 cup: 137 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 164mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Homemade Noodles for a Crowd
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC