Homemade Mints Recipe
David and I hosted a delicious dinner at my parents' house after our outdoor ceremony at a scenic spot. Our guests appreciated a tray of pretty, refreshing mints after the hearty meal. These mints are easy to make and have wonderful homemade flavor.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + standing YIELD:50 servings
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 6-2/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- Red, green and yellow food coloring
- 1. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and mint extract until smooth. Gradually beat in as much confectioners' sugar as possible; knead in remaining confectioners' sugar.
- 2. Divide mixture into four portions. Tint one pink, one green and one yellow, leaving one portion white. For each color, shape into 1/2-in. balls. Dip one side of each ball into sugar. Press sugared side into small candy molds; unmold and place on waxed paper. Let stand 1 hour or until dry before storing in airtight containers; refrigerate. May be stored for up to 1 week before serving. Yield: about 12-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (3 each) equals 79 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 14 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC