Homemade Merry Cherry Bars Recipe
These festive bars are an especially nice treat during the holidays.—Joan Wood, Shelton, Washington
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, quartered
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar; cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Pat into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. Add eggs and vanilla. Fold in nuts, coconut and cherries; spread over crust.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 17-22 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool before cutting. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 187 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Homemade Merry Cherry Bars
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC