My family and friends are always impressed with these meatballs, which I serve with homemade sauce. The recipe came from an old friend of Italian descent. The mashed potatoes guarantee that the meatballs stay moist.—Lucille Bilodeau, Lewiston, Maine
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt, celery salt and pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, potatoes, onion, salt, celery salt
- and pepper. Crumble beef and pork over mixture and mix well. Shape
- into 1-in. balls.
- Place meatballs on greased racks in shallow baking pans. Bake at
- 400° for 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Transfer to a large saucepan. Add spaghetti sauce; heat through.
- Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.