Homemade Meatballs in Plum Sauce
This super-easy recipe for microwave meatballs from Michael Compean of Valencia, California features the flavors of ginger, Dijon and plum sauce. You might want to pick up extras; these will go fast!
36 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup plum sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen fully cooked homestyle meatballs, thawed
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the plum sauce, soy sauce,
- mustard and ginger. Add meatballs; stir gently to coat.
- Cover and microwave on high for 5-6 minutes or until heated through,
- stirring once. Cool for 1 minute. Fold in onion and cilantro. Yield:
- 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 meatball equals 42 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 111 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 lean meat.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven