Homemade Meatballs in Plum Sauce Recipe
- 3/4 cup plum sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen fully cooked homestyle meatballs, thawed
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1. In a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the plum sauce, soy sauce, mustard and ginger. Add meatballs; stir gently to coat.
- 2. Cover and microwave on high for 5-6 minutes or until heated through, stirring once. Cool for 1 minute. Fold in onion and cilantro. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 meatball equals 42 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 111 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 lean meat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.